Peanut Butter, Banana & Oat Cookies
I knocked these up in about 20 minutes (including cooking time) during my lunch break, and they came out so good I had to share the recipe.
If you use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment you'll have them mixed, rolled and ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes. By hand will take a little longer, but they're worth it.
Recipe (makes 12 cookies):
100g peanut butter
1 mashed banana (about 100g)
120g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees
2. In a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter, banana and sugar and whip together
3. Sift in the flour and the baking powder, add the oats and mix together to get a slightly sticky cookie dough
4. Use two spoons to divide your dough into 12 balls. Place them onto a sheet of parchment, on a baking tray, and then press them quite flat with the back of a spoon
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, turning them after 6 minutes
6. Cool on a wire rack for 10 - 15 minutes before eating
If you want to try jazzing these up a bit you could add a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup or honey to the mixture, or throwing in a handful of roasted & salted peanuts that you've crushed with a rolling pin.
They will keep for a week in an airtight container - if you can go that long without eating them all.